Creed: “…and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffere…”
Reading to Discuss: DO (Chapters 10-15)
- Jesus Christ: If the Trinitarian God is the object of Christian faith, Jesus is the center of that faith.
- Savior and Servant: The mission of Israel is revealed fully in Jesus Christ.
- Election: Jesus Christ as the electing God and the elected man.
- God’s Son: Of the Trinitarian God, Jesus Christ is God’s Son and as God’s Son serves as the Mediator between God and Humanity.
- The incarnation: The virgin birth points to but does not prove the Incarnation. The incarnation is the historical and actual manifestation of God as human. Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man.
- Suffering: Jesus Christ’s Passion took place throughout the whole of his life. Redemption is tied to the whole of the Incarnation.
Discussion Topics: Do you resonate more with the earthy Jesus or the cosmic Jesus? (John’s “Christology Above” vs. Mark’s “Christology Below”)